Warranty is limited to defects in materials and workmanship and only to the original frame owner. Proof of purchase/ownership is required.
Suspension Frames built from 2018-2023
- Lifetime warranty applies to frames sold with trunnion metric shocks
- Frame bearings, bushings and fasteners are covered for 1 year from time of purchase
Suspension Frames built from 2008-2018
- These frames are no longer under warranty
Rigid Frames from 2019-2023
- 6 year warranty on frame only
Any modifications to your frame voids the frame warranty
Additionally our frame warranty does not cover:
- Damage from normal wear-and-tear, transportation, storage
- Damage to paint or coating caused by the application or removal of protective tapes or adhesives and chemicals
- Frames that have been repainted
- Damage due to crashing
- Damage from using non factory specified fasteners and bearings
- Damage from using non factory approved rear shocks
- Damage or failure due to lack of, poor, or negligent maintenance
- Damage due to improper installation of components
- Water damage to bearings, decals and finishes
- Unauthorized repair or modifications
- Any labor costs associated with the warranty claim
- Costs associated with shipping and taxes
Any defective frames will be repaired or replaced at Knolly’s discretion.
A new shock must be purchased from Knolly (with a discounted rate) at the customer’s expense for any replacement frames where the frame being replaced is not of the current generation. All Knolly frames must be sold with a Knolly approved rear shock, as the rear shock plays a critical part of both the safety and performance of the product.
Components are covered by their manufacturer's respective warranty policy, please contact the manufacturer directly to learn more about their warranty process.
You may be requested to return the frame or a piece of the frame at your cost. Any items returned to Knolly should be returned at a notional declared value not exceeding $100 CAD.
Frames sold through a dealer should be returned to the dealer for a warranty claim. Your dealer will contact Knolly directly on your behalf and manage this process.
REPLACEMENT FRAME SHIPPING
Any warranty replacement frame shipping costs are at the customer’s expense.
Taxes and duty for customers outside of Canada and the USA are the responsibility of the customer. All replacement frames will be shipped with a nominal declared value not exceeding $100 CAD.
ADDITIONAL PURCHASES WITH A WARRANTY REPLACEMENT FRAME
All associated taxes and duties with any additional purchases are at the customer’s expense. Large additional parts (ie. wheels) will be subject to an increased shipping/additional box charge.
For frame failures that are not covered under warranty, Knolly may offer a discounted replacement price at our discretion. All associated taxes and duty with crash replacement purchases are at the customer’s expense.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
Please fill the below form and we will endeavor to reply back in a timely manner. No warranty service will be provided without completing this form. Frames sold through a dealer should be returned to the dealer for a warranty claim. Your dealer will contact Knolly directly on your behalf and manage this process.
Be prepared to provide photos of the entire frame, problem area of the frame, and of the serial number (usually found on the bottom bracket shell).
You will also be requested to email your sales receipt along with a completed warranty claim form.